8/11/2010

Abner Graboff

I found this amazing book. It was in a transparent plastic bag with two other insignificant books. I could only see a small portion of it that caught my attention. When I opened this version "I know an old lady", I wasn't disappointed. The illustrations by Abner Graboff are dynamic, original and modern, it's hard to believe that the book was printed in 1961! If you want to know more about this artist, illustrator & designer who's career spanned from the 1940’s to the 80’s take a look at this great post by Ward Jenkins on the collective blog Drawn!

J'ai trouvé un livre étonnant. Il était coincé dans un sac en plastic transparent entre deux autres livres quelconques. Ma curiosité a été piquée par la petite partie du livre qui était visible. Lorsque j'ai ouvert cette version de "I know an old lady", je n'ai pas été déçue. Les illustrations d'Abner Graboff sont tellement dynamiques, originales et modernes, qu'il est difficile de croire que le livre a été imprimé en 1961! Si vous désirez en savoir plus sur cet artiste, illustrateur et designer qui oeuvra entre les années 40 et 80, jetez un coup d'oeil sur ce billet de Ward Jenkin publié sur le blog collectif Drawn!




2 commentaires:

  1. Salut!

    Just found your blog through ohdeedoh and had to write in about how much I love it here! This was one of my all time favourite books when I was little (in the 70s...).

    I also used to live in Montreal many moons ago, so your blog is like a walk down memory lane for me!

    RépondreSupprimer

Related Posts with Thumbnails